1. blaming economic crises on “greed” is like blaming plane crashes on gravity.- Thomas Sowell
2. “crony capitalism” is to capitalism what National Socialism (Nazism) is to socialism- hko
3. ‘Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.’
4. Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx
5. The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.- Mencken
6. the government is no more capable of creating wealth than a hall of mirrors is capable of creating people- Peter Schiff
7. We always rediscover basic principles after we learn the cost of ignoring them
8. I never hear the word “community” to justify fiscal responsibility; only to rationalize the opposite.- HKO
9. What truly breeds discontent is the illusion that Government can solve all of our problems.- R. Samuelson
10. The problem is that most of those claiming to have the right answer don’t even know the right question.- HKO
11. “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” Edward R. Murrow
12. the biggest threat to business in America is liberal democrats and populist republicans
13. Not every short term crisis requires a long term solution.
14. 18 of the last thirty medical Nobel Prize winners were American- yet our health care system is broken?
15. “Every snowflake pleads innocent, but it’s still an avalanche.”
16. Arrogance and ignorance is a dangerous combination
17. “There is no difference in the ultimate fate of all chained economies, regardless of any alleged justifications for the chains.” Ayn Rand
18. It is comforting in times of stress to go back to the fairy tales we heard as children, but it doesn’t make them less false. John Cochrane
19. Skepticism is the price knowledge pays for truth
20. You do not win with an exit plan; you exit with a victory plan.- HKO
21. “I see as much misery from them that seek to justify themselves as from them that seek to do harm.” from HBO’s Deadwood.