In fact the only upside of all this is that the massive slow-down in economic growth will rapidly cut the growth rates of CO2 emissions. Pollution is tightly linked to the level of economic activity, so that a few years of negative growth would lead to reductions in pollution levels not seen since the 1970s. It seems ironic that the greed of Wall Street may have inadvertently achieved what millions of well intentioned scientists, activists and politicians have failed to achieve – a slowdown in global warming.
- The Revolt of the Ruling Class
- Wealth Creation is Not a Transfer
- The Danger of the Administrative State
- Replacing One Health Care Failure with Another
- The Socialist Myth
- Nationalizing Bad Outcomes
- A River of Aspirational Rhetoric
- Deregulation and Antitrust
- Is Inequality a Problem?
- The Other Side of the Argument